ICAN and Creighton University’s Heider College of Business have partnered together to present IMPACT: Leading High Impact Teams. Targeted for individuals who lead others, IMPACT builds leaders who manage higher performing teams with stronger influence within their organizations. IMPACT provides a toolkit to prepare leaders for what’s next, carrying them from mid-level to upper-level management or the next step in their leadership journey. This 6-session program offers 3 credits toward a graduate level degree or certificate to blend the best of the academic classroom with sustainable corporate leadership development.
IMPACT is an intensive program targeted for individuals who lead teams. This program offers 3 credits toward a graduate level degree or certificate from Creighton University to blend the best of the academic classroom with the demands of sustainable corporate leadership development.
IMPACT is unique in its discovery-based, aggressive and highly interactive format that goes beyond the typical leadership training experience. Graduates master effective techniques for team immersion, functional cultivation, setting strategy, growing influence, ethical management, conflict resolution and team agility. Topics explored will include differences between managing and strategically leading, how to assemble a productive team, mitigate threats to team effectiveness, execute proper change management, and how to make trust a shared responsibility.
The program occurs over three months in 3 2-day sessions coupled with assessments, coaching and interaction in between. Each participant will create an IMPACT Project to be applied within their company to enhance learning adoption and provide concrete takeaways. Sessions build sequentially – combining evidence-based tools, real-time experience, actionable models and management simulations guided by expert faculty.
- Understand how to lead teams and accelerate change
- Explore the difference between managing and leading
- Discover the real value of diversity in your teams and how to assemble the right team
- Identify types of high performing teams and the primary threats to team effectiveness
- Navigate difficult leadership challenges leveraging coaching, mentoring, feedback and influencing
- Unleash you and your team’s potential
- Practice an immersion in team challenges
- Learn how to make trust, accountability, and conflict resolution a shared responsibility for team members
- Apply cutting-edge framework to assess needs, characteristics and dynamics of a team
- Ability to move beyond the tasks and become a strategic leader
- Learn powerful models and processes from leadership assimilation to building business cases
- Gain real-time experience – coaching, resolving conflict and providing feedback
- Tangible tools to immediately apply
- Connect to a strong network of experts
- An IMPACT project executed by participant within their organization
- 3 graduate level credits from Creighton University that can be applied to an Masters of Business Administration, a Masters of Leadership or Bachelors of Integrated Leadership Studies.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
2018 Fall Series
October 18-19 | November 15-16 | December 17-18
Leaders with experience leading groups or teams looking to grow influence and develop to the next level.
6 sessions, held over the course of 3 months, for 48 hours of instruction
Sessions include 3 two-day sessions & a closing celebration
Small group interaction between sessions
Planning, Execution & Presentation of an IMPACT Project based on program learnings & application
3 graduate level credits from Creighton University’s Heider College of Business
Mid-Level Management | Experience leading and managing others required
Todd Darnold, PhD | Nicole Bianchi, SPHR and PCC
Strategy Based Leading & Thinking | Team Immersion & Dynamics | Leading & Managing Teams | Unleashing Teams
LEARNING TOOLS & ASSESSMENTS
Peer-to-Peer Learning | 1:1 Coaching Sessions | Experiential Exercises | LPI 360: The Leadership Challenge | Emergenetics | The Five Dysfunctions of a Team | Values Assessment | Management Simulations | Models for Coaching and Feedback | Harvard Business Review Case Study & Articles | Development Plan for Self and Team | Project Execution & Presentation